You’ll never win a monumental road race like West Head without a plan, so what makes you think your financial life goals will be any different? Whether you plan to race on September 27 or retire in comfort, Mentor1 will get you there with professional advice and a robust plan. So whether it be the start line of our race or starting your financial journey – Mentor1 will be there to ensure you achieve your financial and life goals.
The Manly Warringah Road Races are back again for September and we want all of you to stick on a number and join us for what is always a memorable day of racing. There are so many options to choose from, that everyone can find their grade and challenge themselves.
This month we are have the support of Mentor1 in presenting this race and given the current economy and volatility in the market, they are there to help us and you along the way.
Whether you’re just looking for help with your super, advice on how to build a bigger nest egg or estate planning support, Mentor1 can help you with a comprehensive financial plan so you can achieve your financial goals.
Tim Murphy manages the group’s property division and with the current covid crisis he has some good advice, “One golden rule for successful investors is to be ready for opportunity and act decisively when it comes” [a bit like racing really] “I have always had an equity release pre prepared for times like this and acted on my terms. You will save money on your current mortgage in the process and the equity release doesn’t cost you anything until you use it. I encourage you to prepare for what we are seeing on the ground. There is opportunity all around and for those of you who are prepared, you will be the ones who will be able to act decisively and buy on your terms.” Tim is looking forward to being part of your success in Real Estate. Email Tim if you would like to know more.
Updated NSW Health and COVID requirements:
We expect this race to be open to all clubs and riders as the current health order will have expired and case numbers declining.
Check the Club Finder – HERE
The start/finish line and presentation area is located at the Elvina Walking Track Car park on West Head Road. Which for first timers is located about 1.5km along West Head Road on the right hand side. We would request that you do not park in the Elvina Walking Track car park – this not only assists our marshalls when they head up there to set up for the finish, but also assists with our relations with the National Parks. This gives riders more room while waiting to start.
$25 Entry – with a Race 2020 licence
Race Date: 27 September 2020
Race start time is from 6:45am but riders will be advised of their exact start time.
Sign on from 6:30am.
Race sign on and start/finish is Elvina Walking Track, West Head Road.
Toilets: No toilets at the race start/finish. Toilets are located at Terrey Hills Community Centre, McCarrs Creek Reserve, Church Point, or past the race start at Resolute picnic area.
Enter Online: Enter HERE
GRADES ON RACE DAY?
Women’s A – 3 Laps (approx 65km)
Women’s B – 2 Laps (approx 45km)
Women’s C – 1 Lap (approx 25km)
Men’s A – 4 Laps (approx 90km)
Super Masters – 50+ Years 3 Laps (approx 65km)
Masters – 40+ Years 3 Laps (approx 65km)
B Grade – 3 Laps (approx 65km)
C Grade – 2 Laps (approx 45km)
D Grade – 1 Lap (approx 25km)
What grade should I enter? Ask your mates is the easiest option. Average speeds do vary but as a guide here are some average speeds from our mens’ grades: A – 39km/h, B 36km, C 34km/h and D 30 km/h.
WHAT CHANGES CAN I EXPECT
Only entries from Sydney Metro Club accepted. Check your clubs location here. Blue and green tab clubs only.
- Please enter your correct licence number on the entry system, these will be checked against the Cycling Australia portal. We are not checking them on the day.
- There are NO on the day entries. Forget about it!
- Please do not arrive prior to your recommended time, that will be advised in a pre-race email. You should not arrive more than 10 minutes to your start time to collect your race number ( this will be pre allocated and you need to know your number)
- Post race, the focus is on racing and then leaving the area. There will be no formal presentations post race. Only the podium winners will be required for a brief photo post race.
- You do not need to return your number.
- There will be no supplied food or water. You must be self sufficient.
- Prize money will be transferred to the winners via EFT.
New to racing?
Racing is relatively simple to do so stop putting it off and just do it. Here are some tips to get you going and you can read a full guide here :
- You need a RACE licence from Cycling Australia. There are short and long-term options available. If in doubt, choose MWCC as your club!
- Enter the race online at Buncheur.com via the link at the top of this page. Make sure you do this by Friday before the race. There are NO on the day entries.
- On the day, you should arrive not more than 10min before your start time, collect your race number (this will be pre allocated and you need to know your number). Stick it on your bike and you’re ready to go.
- Work out how long it will take you to get to the course whether you are driving and/or riding.
- Bring enough food and water for your race distance plus riding to and from the race.
- Check out the course before the race if you haven’t been to West Head. This will make it easier on race day.
- Want to go faster? Get specific and train on the course. Do some efforts on a non-race day and it will help with the intensity of the race.
- Tried your first race and got dropped? You won’t win it first go. Racing takes some getting used to, both strategically and physically. Commit to coming back and you will see yourself improve. One or two goes won’t do it.
If you use gel or energy wrappers, please put your empty wrappers in your pockets and take them home with you. The National Park our our trailer are not rubbish dumps.
We hope that we’ve given you a bit of an idea on the different ways that Mentor 1 can help you identify your goals and set about achieving them.
If we have, then the next step is to come in to Mentor 1 and meet with one of their specialist financial planners. Your first meeting will last about 45 minutes, will cost you nothing and is obligation free.
Call Mentor1 on 1300 765 811 to arrange a time suitable to you.
|Phone||1300 765 811|
|Fax||(02) 8569 1735|
|Street address||267 Pacific Highway North Sydney NSW 2060 (Corner of West St)|
|Postal address||PO Box 1406, North Sydney NSW 2060|