So we wrap up 2020 with a bunch of cancelled events and rides but did manage to hold our AGM online. Committee reports were received and it was a bumper year for the club despite the Covid interruptions. When racing came back in July, numbers were huge and we introduced our TT events on top of the road racing. Sadly no HART crits due to Covid. Finances and member numbers are looking strong and with our established sponsors to continue with us into 2021.
Key highlights included:
- MWCC were the fastest club again at the State TTT Championships
- Our elite pathway Team BridgeLane won the NRS teams title again
- We had a record number of national champions
- Club membership just over 700
- Safely navigating the Covid landscape and keeping the riding going with TeamApp
Three Life Memberships were awarded for exemplary services to the club.
These were awarded to: Richard Saunders, Alexis Kaless and Jim Buda.
Our 2021 Club Committee was elected.
President: Mitch Dixon
Vice President: Antoni Mikac
Secretary: Pete Reynolds
Treasurer: Neil van den Bosch
General/CX: Grant Kepler
Mountain biking: Iain Collings
Ride Captain: vacant position
Thanks you to all our retiring committee members and all volunteers for 2020. We look forward to more riding, racing and roaming in 2021.