MWCC runs an active junior development program for kids aged 12-17 on both road and mountain bikes. For all enquiries contact our Junior Coordinator.
We run skill development days in the school holidays for kids aged 8-12. Keep an eye on the website and social media channels for upcoming dates. For all enquiries or to get on the mailing list contact our Kids Skills Coach.
During summer we also run weekly basic skills sessions on a Friday for any age from 6:30-7:30pm at HART St Ives.
Our regular junior program for ages 12+ includes:
- Mid-week training rides and longer weekend
endurance rides with our Neo Pros group. Suited for ages 14 and above. All rides leave from the bus shelter on
Pittwater Rd opposite Bike Addiction in North Manly.
- Tue 6am for some Mosman Hills (6.15am Parriwi St, Mosman)
- Thur 6am for a flat ride out to Bayview and back.
- Sat 6am for a 70km loop to Akuna Bay and Duffys Forest.
- Sunday has varying ride destinations and distances, so keep an eye on the social media channels.
- Sunday afternoon new-to-the-road group ride suitable for ages 12-14.
- Ride distances depend on the kids and range from 15-30km. Contact the Junior Coordinator to confirm your attendance.
- Monthly mountain bike group rides with the Manly Dam Groms group. Come for a ride with your kids. Aiming at ages 10 and up. We meet at Seaforth Bowling Club and ride the Possum, the Pipeline and Manly Dam down to the water lab before car shuttling back to the top. We have a facebook group for this so make contact with the club president or our mtb coordinator to join in.
- Access to the Northside Cycling Academy for those who want to step it up with an elite coach and serious training squad. This runs on Tue evenings (Summer) and Saturday mornings. This is by invitation only so register your interest with our Junior Coordinator.
Other activities include:
- Training Camps to the Snowy Mountains.
- Tips and training days with our high performance National Road Series Team – Team BridgeLane.
- Training plans from our club coaches to improve performance.
- Discounted physiological testing with Zoom in Zones.
- Free bike fitting services from Pave The Way.
- Targeted races and junior tours that we go to as a club.
- Discounted race entry and club uniform.
How do I get started?
Firstly, you need to join MWCC with a Cycling Australia membership.
- MWCC is currently offering limited free memberships for new junior members who have not held a CA licence before. Get in contact with the Junior Coordinator or club president to see if these are available.
- Paid memberships or renewals can be purchased here.
- For those renewing or paying for their memberships, Cycling Australia membership is eligible for the Active Kids program. Just search for Cycling NSW as the provider.
Then get in contact with our Junior Coordinator to find out more and let us know you’re coming along!
All our programs are insured and our skill development sessions are run by accredited coaches. All junior program leaders are up to date with WWCC and first aid.