MWCC runs an active junior development program for kids aged 12-17 on both road and mountain bikes. For all enquiries contact Mitch our Junior Coordinator.
NEW! Junior MTB ride each month. Ages 10-15. Next one is Sunday May 30
3:30pm to 5:00pm. Meet at Bantry Bay Rd, near Ararat Reserve, Frenchs Forest.
We are riding the Possum trail area. This includes Popeye, Olive Oyl and Possum trails.
Free event but kids must be a club member. Join at auscycling.com.au
Yearly “Lifestyle” membership is only $75 for juniors and $105 for adults.
(NB when you join it says $50 but there is a club fee of $25 that gets added).
As a club member you will get access to all our junior MTB rides –> 1 per month.
Use your Active Kids Voucher to make joining up free!
Members then need to register for the ride on TeamApp. Search on TeamApp for Manly Warringah Junior MTB and please join your child’s name to the team. Then it is easy to rsvp to rides.
We run skill development days in the school holidays for kids aged 8-12. Keep an eye on the website and social media channels for upcoming dates. For all enquiries or to get on the mailing list contact our Kids Skills Coach.
During summer we also run weekly “Bike School” basic skills sessions on a Friday for any age from 6:30-7:30pm at HART St Ives. Currently on hold as the site is closed for access.
Our regular junior program for ages 12+ includes:
- Mid-week training rides and longer weekend endurance rides with our Neo Pros group. Suited for ages 14 and above. Rides leave from the bus shelter on Pittwater Rd opposite Bike Addiction in North Manly.
- Tue 6am for some Mosman Hills (6.15am Parriwi St, Mosman)
- Thur 6am for a flat ride out to Bayview and back.
- Sat 6am for a 70km loop to Akuna Bay and Duffys Forest.
- Sunday has varying ride destinations and distances, so keep an eye on the TeamApp.
- Sunday afternoon new-to-the-road group ride suitable for ages 12-14.
- Ride distances depend on the kids and range from 15-30km. Contact the Junior Coordinator to confirm your attendance and whether the ride is on. NB This ride is on hold until we find a new ride leader.
- Regular mountain bike group rides for older kids with our club MTB rides – first Sunday of the month. Come for a ride with your kids. Aiming at ages 15 and up. All detail on the regular club TeamApp.
- Access to the Northside Cycling Academy for those who want to step it up with an elite coach and serious training squad. This runs on Tue evenings (Summer) and Saturday mornings. This is by invitation only so register your interest with our Junior Coordinator.
Other activities include:
- Training Camps to the Snowy Mountains.
- Tips and training days with our high performance National Road Series Team – Team BridgeLane.
- Training plans from our club coaches to improve performance.
- Discounted physiological testing with Zoom in Zones.
- Discount bike fitting services from Pave The Way.
- Targeted races and junior tours that we go to as a club.
- Discounted race entry and club uniform.
How do I get started?
Firstly, you need to join MWCC with an AusCycling membership.
- MWCC is currently offering limited free memberships for new junior members who have not held a membership before and wish to represent the club at races. Get in contact with the club president to see if these are available.
- Paid memberships or renewals can be purchased here. Make sure you select Manly Warringah Cycling Club as your club.
- For those renewing or paying for their memberships, AusCycling membership is eligible for the Active Kids program. For details on how to redeem this go to auscycling.org.au/membership/other/activekids
Then get in contact with our Junior Coordinator to find out more and let us know you’re coming along!
All our programs are insured and our skill development sessions are run by accredited coaches. All junior program leaders are up to date with WWCC and first aid.