It’s time to get back to Terrey Hills. #MWCCCX
For those of you not familiar with the grounds, we run on a mix of a large grassed area, use a bit of criterium circuit, through some sand relocated from Manly Beach, some trails cut through thorny bushes, and a bit of transition in between.
For this event, we’ve drawn some inspiration from the Bogense world champs course.
Date: Sunday, 14 July 2019
Time: 09:00 – 14:00
Location: JJ Melbourne Hills Memorial Reserve, Terrey Hills, NSW
- 9:00-09:45 Rego Opens & Practice (For Signed on Riders Only)
- 10:00 B Grade Men & A Grade Women (CX Bikes Only) [35 minutes]
- 10:30 Rego Closes: C Grade Open, B Grade Women & Juniors
- 10:45 B Grade Women, C Grade (Mixed Men & Women; Any Bike, Come N Try Event), U15 & U17 Juniors (Any Bike) [20-25 minutes]
- 11:20 U13 (Any Bike, Modified Course) & Little Crossers
- 11:35-11:55 Practice: A Grade Men
- 11:45 Rego Closes: A Grade Men
- 12:00 A Grade Men (CX Bikes Only) [45 minutes]
- 13:00 Presentations
- Course Pull Down & Lunch
The Race schedule is subject to change depending on rider numbers.
RSVP via our Facebook Event to stay tuned for alterations and/or additions to the schedule.
What bike can I ride?
Our C Grade race will be for both men & women on any bike. This is an introductory category, so grab any (safe) bike you like and give CX a try. Similarly, to promote the discipline amongst our juniors, our Little crossers, U13, U15 and U17 can bring any bike – so if you’re racing MTB for your school and want a few more minutes above threshold, come along!
For all other categories, please bring your cx bike.
Pre-registration will be available and is encouraged – a registration link will be released shortly.
Adults – Graded:
- Online Entry/Pre-registered: $20
- Entry on the day: $25
U15 & 17’s:
- Online Entry/Pre-registered: $10
- Entry on the day: $15
U13 & Little Crossers:
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Parent or Guardian to sign a waiver on behalf of the rider
We welcome all to join us, but racing is open to
- Financial CA 2019 RACE members
- Financial MTBA members
- Cycling Australia Race Starter Kit holders
- Cycling Australia Race One Week holders
- MTBA Day License holders
Day licences are available from MTBA at: https://www.mtba.org.au/membership/membership-types/race-day-licence/
All licences will be checked during sign-on, so to make sure you can race, BRING your licence (physical or digital version) with you to the race.
Of course you can help!
- Course putter upperers
- Course puller downerers
- Happy smiley sign-on people
- Scorers (no electronic timing)
- Course crossing marshals
- People to run the little crossers race
And remember – volunteers get call up preferences & 5 extra watts of awesome.
Photo credits: Kate.Z.Media