Road Racing is back on the biggest spectacular of the DHB Ronde Van Westheadren. We are excited to be back racing on July 26 and with this new environment, there will be changes to allow for a COVID Safe event. With DHB on board, you now have the chance to race the muurs and bergs of West Head Road, with multiple grades available, don’t delay in getting your entry in via Buncheur.
Enter Grade and Start Times Here.
The start/finish line and presentation area is located at the Elvina Walking Track Car park on West Head Road. Which for first timers is located about 1.5km along West Head Road on the right hand side. We would request that you do not park in the Elvina Walking Track car park – this not only assists our marshalls when they head up there to set up for the finish, but also assists with our relations with the National Parks. This gives riders more room while waiting to start.
$25 Entry – with a Race 2020 licence.
Race Date: 26 July 2020
Race start time is from 6:45am but riders will be advised of their exact start time.
Sign on from 6:30am.
Race sign on and start/finish is Elvina Walking Track, West Head Road.
Toilets: No toilets at the race start/finish. Toilets are located at Terrey Hills Community Centre, Church Point, or past the race start at Resolute picnic area.
Enter Online: Enter HERE
GRADES ON RACE DAY?
Women’s A – 3 Laps
Women’s B – 2 Laps
Women’s C – 1 Lap
Men’s A – 4 Laps
Super Masters – 50+ Years 3 Laps
Masters – 40+ Years 3 Years
B Grade – 3 Laps
C Grade – 2 Laps
D Grade – 1 Lap
WHAT CHANGES CAN I EXPECT
- Please enter your correct number on the entry system, these will be checked against the Cycling Australia portal. We are not checking them on the day.
- There are NO on the day entries. Forget about it!
- Please do not arrive prior to your recommended time, that will be advised in a pre-race email. You should not arrive more than 10 minutes to your start time to collect your race number ( this will be pre allocated and you need to know your number)
- Post race, the focus is on racing and then leaving the area. There will be no formal presentations post race. Only the podium winners will be required for a brief photo post race.
- You do not need to return your number.
- There will be no supplied food or water. You must be self sufficient.
- Prize money will be transferred to the winners via EFT.
New to racing?
Racing is relatively simple to do so stop putting it off and just do it. Here are some tips to get you going and you can read a full guide here :
- You need a RACE licence from Cycling Australia. There are short and long-term options available. If in doubt, choose MWCC as your club!
- Enter the race online at Buncheur.com via the link at the top of this page. Make sure you do this by Friday before the race. There are NO on the day entries.
- On the day, you should arrive not more than 10min before your start time, collect your race number (this will be pre allocated and you need to know your number). Stick it on your bike and you’re ready to go.
- Work out how long it will take you to get to the course whether you are driving and/or riding.
- Bring enough food and water for your race distance plus riding to and from the race.
- Check out the course before the race if you haven’t been to West Head. This will make it easier on race day.
- Want to go faster? Get specific and train on the course. Do some efforts on a non-race day and it will help with the intensity of the race.
- Tried your first race and got dropped? You won’t win it first go. Racing takes some getting used to, both strategically and physically. Commit to coming back and you will see yourself improve. One or two goes won’t do it.
If you use gel or energy wrappers, please put your empty wrappers in your pockets and take them home with you. The National Park is not a rubbish dump.