Make room for the lamb on the bbq, with our Australia Day ride. Test yourself in the morning with a few climbs and then feel the justification of the lamingtons in the afternoon. We will offer two ride options of 100km and 140km option. These will be a steady group ride with regroups at the top of the main climbs. suitable for B or C grade level riders who want to push themselves.
The meeting point for both ride options is the bottom of Parriwi Road at the Spit at 6am. Bother groups will then roll out and up along the Pacific Highway, if you live along the route, feel free to jump in as it comes past. The ride will go up the Pacific Highway and then dive into Galston Gorge. Regroup the top of the Gorge before carrying on to Berowra Waters. Up Berowra Waters and then back to the Pacific Highway.
This is where the groups will diverge, those wanting to get the kilometres in, will turn left and descend down and then up Brooklyn. Those happy with their efforts will go right and go through Bobbin Head to home.
Ride routes are on Strava:
100km Option: https://www.strava.com/routes/3972250
140km Option: https://www.strava.com/routes/3972231
I would expect the 100km option to be home before 11am and the longer option to be home about 12pm. This allows for a few water refills along the way and a bit of leeway on the time.
These rides are open to all riders so bring a friend or tag along, just bring a sense of fun and enjoyment. These are group rides, so that means a few simple items should be remembered by all:
- Be on time, the rides roll out at their advised time.
- Be self sufficient, carry a spare tube, have enough water, have some cash.
- We are here for fun, if you have a bad attitude then feel free to join another ride.
- This is a group ride. That means two by two formation, hold the wheel and keep the pace steady – no pace lining, no surging, no attacking the bunch. Sure there will be a few KOMs and sprints out on the road, but otherwise stick to the group, keep it tight and regroup after any sprints or climbs. The aim of this ride is just to put some kilometres in the legs.
Ride Meeting Point: Bottom of Parriwi Road, the Spit.
Finish Point: The route stops at Seaforth, but riders can deviate home at any point that they wish.
What should I bring:
- Working bike
- Two water bottles (you could probably get away with one, if you don’t drink a lot, but out on these roads and heat you get through a fair bit)
- Money (for drinks etc)
- Sense of adventure and a positive attitude
What ride should I do?
Completely up to you, perhaps see how you are feeling at the turn off point.